- Always round your guesstimates up, not down.
- The more choices you offer, the smaller the portion size should be.
- Portion sizes may vary from of 4-8 oz. per food item.
- Overall serving size average is 1 lb. of food per person based on:
- 4 oz. portions
- 4 different food groups
- For sit-down meals, 6-8 oz. portion sizes of any entree is recommended.
|Number of People to be Served||Pounds of Each Food Group
|10 People||2.5 lbs.|
|20 People||5 lbs.|
|40 People||10 lbs.|
|60 People||15 lbs.|
|80 People||20 lbs.|
|100 People||25 lbs.|
|120 People||30 lbs.|
|160 People||40 lbs.|
|200 People||50 lbs.|
***The above numbers are based on average consumption***
Half Pan | Feeds approx. 8 – 12 people
Full Pan | Feeds approx. 16 – 24 people